Head of Surveying Operations & Building Consultancy
We are looking for a full-time Head of Surveying & Building Consultancy to join our growing team. This is a critical role across both of Pupil’s brands, Spec (for residential property) and Stak (for commercial property).
The role is suited for someone with MRICS credentials, looking to apply those skills and experience in a fast-growth tech startup. This is a highly strategic role with impact across all major areas of the business.
- Own and champion measurement standards across both brands (Spec & Stak)
- Support business development working with each business line
- Own (review and certify) work outputs on residential and commercial real estate
- Provide materials, mentorship & training for Digital Surveyors on established best practices
- Work with product, engineering to define policies, approaches and methods for measurement, surveying and calculation practice
- Work across teams to lead research and development in new areas of measurement (new markets, new models, etc…)
- Visit client sites to assess survey and work feasibility
- Work with computer vision and research engineering teams to pilot new technologies
- Work closely with service providers (architects, contractors, building managers) and asset management clients
The ideal candidate will need to be a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) with practical experience across both residential and commercial real estate.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate mastery in the following areas:
- Track record of outstanding oral and written communication
- Problem-solving and structuring
- Presentation development (Keynote, Powerpoint)
- Strong mathematical skills (for measurement calculations)
- Attention to details
- Demonstrable team leadership experience
- Demonstrable ownership mindset
Other necessary skills and experiences:
- Demonstrable comfort with technology and the application of technology to solve real estate challenges
- A degree related to real estate, city planning, architecture, finance, accounting, economics, data, marketing or market research.
- Demonstrable ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
- Sufficient experience in surveying and measurements to be authoritative and credible.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- Soft skills and a human touch
- An ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment
- An appetite to learn
- An ability to operate with a degree of uncertainty and be able to drive to answering questions to gain clarity.
- International experience