Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for a Product Designer with a clear enthusiasm for design that works extremely well within a team.
The successful candidate will be passionate about making and maintaining user-centred, beautiful interfaces that people love to use.
They should be a natural problem solver and comfortable in an agile environment.
You will be placing our users’ needs and behaviours at the forefront of their work, ensuring that the experience they have when using our products is optimised, efficient, coherent and delights.
- Solve complex data flows and simplify process and user journeys to deliver impactful experiences for the end-users
- Build high fidelity designs using existing design libraries
- Implement and contribute to internal design libraries
- Work closely with the current product design team and participate in design reviews
- Liaise with our brand team to ensure products have a consistent brand experience
- Document design guidelines and actively share knowledge on how to utilise the library
- Conduct user tests on the product to get input and iterate on the designs
- Test the designs before release
- Review the performance of the release and identify learnings
- Help find a middle ground between ideal design and realistic development timeframes
- Create/maintain product design libraries to allow product and engineering teams to be most effective in building user experiences
- Champion design work to senior leadership for review and feedback
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes if required
- Ensure compliance with company policies & procedures, and support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Work closely with engineers throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality in the final compositions
You’re autonomous, delivery-focussed and passionate about technology.
You have ideas about everything we do and you’re not afraid to stand-up for yourself, whilst respecting others of course.
You love working in a lean start-up environment because you like owning what you work on and doing a bit of everything.
You’re proactive and are always thinking ‘“how can this be better?”.
- Extensive experience working on in-house products
- A portfolio featuring examples of product design work
- Strong UI skills across different platforms and devices
- Accomplish daily tasks using a design language (mobile, web, and desktop-based digital products)
- You have worked deploying or maintaining design libraries in the past
- You have experience in an agile environment with enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique and testing
- You have previously worked with Sketch, Zeplin and Figma
- You’re a positive leader and team player
- Can collaborate in an agile environment and understand technical constraints in the design decisions
- Clean visual design sense
- Strong UX vision and understanding of human-centred design
- Ability to collaborate closely with other designers remotely and to participate in design reviews
- You are a creative person with a real passion for making world-class digital products and experiences
- You have the ability to understand customers, run user testing, create journeys, and host workshops if required
- You can communicate ideas and concepts effectively, with technical and non-technical team members
- You can present strategic rationale for design decisions to team members and across the board
- You can collaborate with front-end, backs-end and other designer as well as business stakeholders
- You have the ability to integrate qualitative and quantitative data into design work
- You have the knowledge of technical constraints, optimisation and implementation
- You have strong communication, team, and organizational skills
- You are truly dedicated to challenging yourself and developing your skills to the next level
- Experience with prototyping (In Vision, Marvel, Principle, Figma)
- Experience working in a fast pace environment start-up
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite